Had a brander come down yesterday to brand some ponies and horses with dry ice.
On the left shoulder we see the letters of that particular stud. FXO is the riding school brand.
And on the right shoulder there is two numbers one on top of the other. The top number is the number of foal born at that stud in that year. So this foal was the second foal of that year. The bottom number is the last number of the year it was born in. So this pony was born in 2010.
No horses were needing to be sedated as freeze branding is a lot less painful than the traditional fire branding which is now illegal in most Australian states as it is considered inhumane.
The brand will come through in about 8 weeks or so.
9 Notes/ Hide
- the-ugly-book likes this
- vincentvalmontvandel likes this
- audreybevins likes this
- thewildfireinside likes this
- tcwatchtv reblogged this from why-i-am-a-vet-student
- love-pain-and-happiness likes this
- moqenun likes this
- rainbow-hammock likes this
- hellomikaylaaa reblogged this from why-i-am-a-vet-student
- dystopiavsutopia said: is it like cauterizing a wart? concerning the pain?
- 4n20pie likes this
- why-i-am-a-vet-student posted this